Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fat Pride: the Beginning

First and foremost, I have to confess, Fat Pride is a blatant rip off. I have a very close friend in LA that came up with the idea. He's a large man, loves being a large man, and loves other large men. He came up with the idea of starting a fat pride movement. We are told so much that fat is unhealthy, unattractive, and undesirable, and yet as a country we are becoming fatter. Fat Pride is about loving yourself, about knowing that at any weight you are beautiful, and with this blog, I am taking it a step further and proposing that it's about figuring out who you are inside and becoming that on the outside. When you take pride in your fat, you've decided how you are going to wear that fat, instead of it deciding for you.

A friend of mine recently helped me realize that a very large portion of feeling fat, and being ashamed of, or hating your fat is psychological. Because of this, I will share with you my most intimate feelings and fears, hopefully to all of our benefit.

I thank you friend for taking this journey with me. CMG