Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fell off the wagon... Almost

Today hasn't been great on the health front. I should have gone to the gym but had a friend stop by work and ask if I wanted to go out, so I did. Luckily I shaved and trimmed my beard and shaved my head before work today, so I was looking hot. Then I couldn't resist putting on an extremely tight shirt to show off how much weight I've lost to my friend who hadn't seen me since I dropped the last 30lbs. The compliments came and the ego was stroked, that's always a good thing.

Being on the low carb I allow myself one piece of candy a day, but only if I'm really craving it, provided that it has peanut butter or nuts in it. I'm not allowed more than about 25g of carbs from it though. I resisted the temptation to get a candy bar on the way to work,


My current favorite candy bar. 2 squares, 24 grams of carbs.

but then at work I had a couple carbs here and a couple there. After work I went to the bar and had Diet Coke the whole time, but then one of my friends asked if I wanted to go to Charlie's for something to eat... I decided sure. Well I nearly fell off the wagon and went full blast and got a deep fried Monte Cristo Sandwich, but instead got their low carb plate and some coconut prawns. Yeah the prawns were way over my budget for carbs, but now that I look back, I probably didn't do too much damage.

Over all not a great day for the diet and workout fail, but some days are gonna be like that. Tomorrow my friend Becca and I will be going to a Belly Dancing Core training class at the gym. I'm excited, I hope I enjoy the class because I could really use something once a week to focus hard on my abs.

Considering where I was at, compared to where I now am, I'm doing really well, to be honest there is nothing wrong with my gut and it is not my main concern. I actually have a pretty strong core which i attribute to singing. You have to have some kinda muscle in there to hold notes or belt out a song. But still it would be nice to flatten a little more and minimize the overhang. Oh well, it all takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment