Tuesday, April 5, 2011

100 lbs lost, New Goals, New Me

So, I have now officially lost 100 lbs. It was actually Feb 4 2011, I believe. I've been off the low carb for 2 months now and have been trying to focus on building muscle. I've still had the goal of working out 5 days a week but because of work and how little sleep I get on the weekends I have decided it's best to do a 4 day split. I've yo-yo'd between 223 and 229 so I feel I'm doing well. Today I was back at 223.

I've decided, I want to see what my body looks like at 200. Tomorrow I'm going back on the Low Carb and I'm putting myself on a tough workout regimen for the next 2 months or until I hit 200 lbs whichever comes first.


5 days a week before I go to work 30 mins of hard cardio.
4 days of heavy lifting
40-100 grams of carbs a day/high protien
6 small meals a day

Today was my first day. I did Legs and arms. It felt really good. I pushed myself harder than I have by myself in a long time, so we will see how stiff I am tomorrow.

I love doing squats on the Smith machine because it kills me in all the right places, but today I decided to shake it up and I used the machine instead. I'm not focusing on legs, because my Calves are HUGE and have become very defined. and my upper legs are getting there too from all the hills here in Seattle. But my inner thighs (Adductors) and my butt is where my focus is. So I do a short routine to hit those and then move on to Arms.

I can't believe how big my arms are getting. The right one is definitely more defined than the left of course because I'm right handed. I'm gonna have to take some time to work my left arm more to define that.

Well, I'm gonna try to blog each day about this so I can take you guys on this journey too. Thanks Cubs.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really proud of you! It takes a lot to put it all out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Taylor. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete